Hellos. I'm back in Singapore after being absent for so long. ^^ I've really enjoyed my stay in Hong Kong and Guangzhou, improving my chinese and being exposed to the new cultures and environment. Can't say I'm not happy to be back in Singapore. In a way, I am. I miss my bed, I miss my house, my sister, my dad, my computer...but in a way, I'm not happy to get back in Singapore because that meant the start of school.
Haiz.
2 days of Orientation, seriously tiring...a lot of cheerings are done, a lot of activities like the continuous chicky dance (or the threats of pole dancing) and this quite lame mass dance (no, didn't dance with a guy since there was only 5 boys in my class) but hey, at least I feel more or less belonged in the school. I'm no longer a visitor in TP but a student. And I made friends, I get along with my class.^^ Of course, there were quite a number of Sacians and a couple of church friends and of course, Wei Keat who is currently on a quest to spread the untrue rumour about us.Wells. Let him spread happily then, I forgive him. =D
0o. Anyways.
So here's my new timetable. My course has 10 classes, each class has about 26 students? I'm in class 10 with only one person I recognise who is from 4/5. I come to school only for lectures or tutorials and after that, if I have nothing else, I'll go home. Note I'm still not sure what BCS stands for:
Monday2-4pm: Introduction to Hospitality and Tourism Manage (HTM) lecture
4-6pm: Intro to HTM tutorial
6.45- 9.30pm: Ballet Intermediate and Advance 1
Tuesday9-11am: Communication Skills 1 tutorial
11-12pm: BCS lecture
12-1pm: Fundamentals of Food and Beverage Science lecture
1-2pm: Break
2-3pm: Applied Principles for Effective Living (Kind of like civics and moral education)
Wednesday12-3pm: BCS lab (As in computer labs not science labs)
3-5pm: Fundamentals of Food and Beverage Science tutorial
7-9pm: Cell group
Thursday11-1pm: Travel Geography lab
1-2pm: Break
2-4pm: Tourism Transport Business lab
4-6pm: Microeconomics lecture
6.15- 7.45pm: Ballet advance 1
Friday12-2pm: Communication Skills 1 tutorial
2-4pm: Microeconomics tutorial
On first friday of every month = 5-10pm: Campus CelebrationSaturdayMorning and afternoon may have meetings or any other activities.7.30-9.30pm: Service
Sunday11.15- 12.30: Ballet Intermediate
May have dance ministry practices in the afternoon.Wondering about why I have so little subjects to take this semester? Well, every semester, a different subject will come up, a subject may stay on. So some semester exams doesn't have some subjects until the 3rd round of exams or something like that. I still have to sign up for 2 National Education(NE) talks to pass my NE. And I have to choose 3 cross-disciplinary subjects (CDS), outside my scope of specialise. So I was thinking one of the subjects might be French. Was also thinking of taking 2 CDS next semester if my workload is not too heavy.
When you fail a subject in the main exam, you have to go through supplementary(during vacation weeks) and then another exam.This is considered 1 attempt. 2 failed attempts and you're kicked out of the course. Stress leh just thinking about it. And if you never fail any subjects in your 3 years (max of 5 years studying the course), you may graduate with merit. ^^ I may even be able to go overseas for my student internship programme in year 3! How cool is that??
Hee. Arh, tired leh. At least Business school won in today's Olympic matches (E.g. dragon boat racing, telematch, staff race, cheering competition etc...) but we only end at like 6.30pm when we start at 8.30am? So good night all.